I hope you all enjoyed your New Year’s celebration. We chose to stay home this year, and rang in the new year by watching a horror movie (The Conjuring, if you’re wondering).
I have been saving my empties and sharing them in the Facebook groups I’m a part of, but I thought I would share them here as well… I love reading/watching other people talk about their empties, so I thought you might like mine too! 🙂 I have SO many from December, I decided to split it into several posts. I have been really trying to work through my stash, so I’ve been using up minis and samples. I get through them quickly, which is nice… and it also satisfies my itch to try new products!
Part 1 I’m calling Makeup Empties.
- Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + foundation in 30 – I loved this and it is my go-to foundation! I have already reordered and have it in 25 as well, to blend the perfect colour. I have probably gone through 4 of them already… it’s great for medium coverage for oily skin.
- Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder – I like this powder. It’s great for setting foundation for oily skin. I sometimes find it to leave me looking a little ghostly, because the brush picks up too much loose powder. They’ve recently started making this in pressed format as well, so I’m definitely looking into that!
- Maybelline Volum’ Express the Falsies mascara – LOVE! 🙂 My go-to drugstore mascara, I have gone through countless tubes of this. I do use other mascaras from times to time, but usually I get them as gifts or in swaps. If I have to buy a mascara, I’m going for this stuff!
- Benefit They’re Real mascara – I loved this mascara too… but I don’t like the spike ball it has on the end of the wand. It just gathers too much product and gets messy. I won’t rebuy this, because the price is just too high to justify when I love the Maybelline so much! I would use it if I got it as a gift though 😉
- Maybelline Age Rewind concealer – oops, I accidentally got this in the ‘brightener’ instead of the concealer. It works nicely, but it didn’t provide coverage! Next time, I will read carefully…. I do like the concealer when I get the right colour!
- Benefit Porefessional primer – I do really like this one… I have a bunch more samples to use up, so I’m happy. I also have a bunch of other primer samples to use, so I’m looking forward to finding one that I reallly, really love. Porefessional is up there right now, but Smashbox Photo Ready is giving it a run for it’s money!
- Benefit Stay Flawless primer – I did not like this at all. Not only was this sample extremely awkward (a week’s worth of product in a container that couldn’t reseal), it was too hard to spread nicely around my face. No comparison to the Porefessional, so I won’t be purchasing this one.
- Dior – Miss Dior – A very pretty scent. I enjoyed using this, and I have a mini to use up now! Very nice. I might purchase it, but realistically I have so many perfumes I don’t need to.
- Sally Hansen Salon Perfect Real Nail Polish strips – I’ve used these on the blog before here. I do really like this product, but this one had gotten old and didn’t stick well. The problem was mine, not the products. I used a few strips last year at Christmas, and tried to save the rest but they weren’t sealed and dried. Oops!
- Bath and Body Works foaming hand soap in Sugared Vanilla Wish – This is a staple in our household. I recently discovered that they actually DO sell non-anti-bacterial soaps! Tah-dah! My boyfriend is against anti-bacterial soaps (call your own biologist and ask why), but he loves the foaming soap so we were at an impass, until I figured this out! Problem solved. Sugared Vanilla Wish was a seasonal scent, but I have a stockpile of these in the bathroom and kitchen in all kinds of scents.
- KIT nail polish remover – nothing special, but did the job! I would repurchase but there are many other removers that are equally as good, if I was in a different store.
- Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spas – Dead Sea Mud Mask – This is actually a sheet mask… I have tried sheet masks before and wasn’t a fan. I found them too drippy and not relaxing at all, because I was always worried about making a mess. This one was much different. There was enough product on it to do the job, but not so much that it was dripping! It was a nice mask and my face felt smooth afterwards. I received this as a sample in my Maple Vox Box from Influenster 🙂
Phew. Aren’t you glad I split this into two posts? I know I am! What recent empty are you repurchasing?