Oh my goodness, I can’t believe it’s already time for MAY empties! I know it’s technically a day early, but still. It’s nearly June… which for a teacher means one thing: Report Cards. Thankfully, the reward after that is a nice, relaxing summer… right? Haha, just kidding. I’m taking a Math course this summer so I’ll be busy with that. But I just cannot BELIEVE how fast this year is zooming by! And it’s almost Oh My Swatch’s one year blogaversary! Wowza.
- Garnier Fructis Pure Clean shampoo and conditioner: So, one morning my Mom was calling me like crazy on my cell phone… and when I finally was able to call her back she told me to quickly drive over to a place near my work because the local TV morning show was having a giveaway! The first 100 people to show up got a gift bag stuffed with Garnier products! Lucky me, I got there with about 15 bags left! We both ended up getting one… I ended up with this shampoo/conditioner set which Garnier says “contains no paraben, silicone or dye. It boosts the health of your hair and scalp and is the first biodegradable formula from Fructis“. I love that it’s biodegradable! I did like the shampoo a lot… my hair felt clean and not weighed down. The conditioner was just okay for me. It felt kind of thin and didn’t really make my hair that soft or shiny. Would I buy it again? I would use the shampoo again, but not the conditioner.
- be Delectable Strawberry & Cream Supremely Rich Body Wash: I actually was really lucky to find 4 of these for $2.49 a piece on clearance at Target. Naturally, I snatched them all up! They smell divine. I felt like I was washing myself with a strawberry milkshake! Oh yea, they have coconut oil and aloe vera in them, so they felt soft and smoothing and some other stuff like that… but who cares!? The smell alone is reason enough to use these!! Would I buy it again? Yes, yes, yes! Right after I use up my 3 backups!
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Scrub: This stuff contains “organic, virgin, cold-pressed Community Trade coconut oil and coconut milk” as well as Organic Community Trade babassu oil which The Body shop says “is a very effective moisturizer that helps to restore skin’s natural moisture barrier.” This scrub smelled like real coconuts! I felt like I smashed a coconut up and then used it to scrub my legs…. which is basically exactly what I did, you know, aside from actually smashing the coconut up myself (ever tried to do that? Not so easy). The scrub contains actual pieces of coconut husk. It’s gentle but effective. And smells amazing. Would I buy it again? Yup!
- Secret Scent Expressions deodorant in Vanilla: Technically I didn’t finish this… but my jerky cat knocked it off the counter, causing the lid to break. Soon after, the stick dried out too much to continue using it! Guess he thought I smelled good enough on my own? This smells nice, and works well. I do notice it can leave white streaks on my tops when I get dressed right after applying it! So be aware of that. Would I buy it again?Yup, no complaints here.
- Pond’s Cleansing and Makeup Removing Towelettes: I think I’ve had a pack of these in literally every empties post. I love them! You can read about why here, here, or here. Would I buy it again? Do you really need to ask?
- Quo nail polish remover in Nourishing: Around here, I go through polish remover like crazy! I like this stuff… it doesn’t seem to dry out my cuticles too fast and is very effective. The price is reasonable too! I’ve emptied a bunch of these in the past few months. Would I buy it again? Already have!
- Benefit’s The Pore-fessional: If you’ve seen my other empties posts, you know this is my favourite primer for my oily skin! Would I buy it again? Most likely! I have a few samples of other things to use up first, though.
- Nars Pro-Prime Pore-Refining Primer: This primer is very lightweight, and goes on just like a moisturizer. For me, it wasn’t enough to prevent mid-day makeup meltdown. My face is oily. For someone who doesn’t suffer from oily skin like me, you would probably like it! Would I buy it again? Nope.
- Lady Gaga Fame perfume: Fame is said to be “built around three main accords: dark, sensual and light. The dark accord was inspired by Belladonna, the deadly nightshade possessed by haunted beauties since the 18th century. From this darkness, the fragrance evolves to a sensual accord of opulence, a fusion of dripping honey, saffron and apricot nectar. And lastly, the light accord whispers magnificence. The rich floral layer of crushed Tiger Orchid and Jasmine Sambac embodies timeless beauty”. I’ve heard Gaga’s inspiration was semen and blood. Uh, yea. I don’t know about that. I’m not an expert on describing scents, but it does smell really yummy! Fruity and slightly floral. I love that the liquid itself is black. Would I buy it again? I actually already bought myself a 30ml bottle of this!
- Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil: I used just a drop or two of this on the ends of my hair after showering. It kept my hair soft and shiny… plus smelling great! Would I buy it again?Maybe, but it is on the pricier side of hair serums.
- Givenchy Mister Light Corrective Pen: I tried using this on my undereye circles, but found it too sheer to cover the lack of sleep. I did like it on other areas (redness around my nose, and scars on my chin), but I didn’t find it had the best staying power. Would I buy it again?Not for the price.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden: I like UDPP. I find it makes my shadows stay put all day without creasing. Eden isn’t my favourite colour though, I find it too yellow for my skin and it didn’t blend in the way that the original does. Would I buy it agian? In the original colour, sure!
My favourites this month were the be Delectable body wash, The Body Shop coconut scrub and the Bumble & Bumble oil! Have you tried any of these products? Were they hits or misses for you?