Ok, ok… time to get back in the swing of things!! I’ve been super sick (again), and it’s totally thrown off my will to paint my nails pretty colours. Hazards of the (teaching Kindergarten) job, I suppose! Well, I’m back on the mend and my nails are looking pretty today.
The Youth is a duochrome holo polish from Enchanted Polish. It shows mostly green, but in different indoor/shade lighting you can see the other colours come out. In the sun, it’s just holo, holo, holo. I used 2 coats here for full coverage, and topped with a topcoat. The formula is lovely, and I have no issues!
As always, lots of photos to see her in all her glory! Enjoy!
See the duochrome? It’s like a browny-purple depending on the light.
More of the purple-y side!
Well, there you have it! I have a few more posts already planned, so hopefully I won’t be gone so long again.
Today I have an EOTD look featuring a new product I recently discovered, with a little help from an amazing lady… (find her blog here).
Glamour Doll Eyes features eyeshadows in loose pigment form. Some are custom blended, and some are not (meaning the colour may not be unique to GDE)… but as a customer I appreciate their honesty in this. The prices are really affordable too! For $6 you get a full-sized shadow, which really will last a long time. There are so many beautiful colours on the site, it took me forever to decide on the ones I wanted to get. I ended up ordering 14 (!!!!), and it was still really hard to narrow down. I did pay for these myself, but GDE is kind enough to offer a blogger discount! So if you are a blogger too, you can also grab the shadows at a discounted price! The best part is, every order comes with a freebie “of the month” colour and samples! Awesome.
I’ve been playing around with these for about a week, and so far I’m really liking them. I have only had trouble with one colour (a matte blue), which applied a little splotchy. I’m going to try it out with the Foil Me base to see if I can get it to work a little better.
Here’s what I came up with…
- Urban Decay Primer Potion all over the lid
- Masquerade as a transition colour
- Melancholy on the lid
- Graves in May as a highlight
- Celestial Crow as a crease/outer v colour
- Stila liquid liner in black
- Chanel mascara
As you can see, on the backs of each jar they are clearly labelled as vegan/not vegan, and whether or not they are lip or eye safe! Awesome! :)
I am loving the vibrant hues and injecting some colour back into my EOTDs!!! I am really looking forward to playing with all the other colours I grabbed!
Did you know H&M sells nail polish? I certainly didn’t, until this showed up in a swap package from another polish lover! I should have known though, there are so many clothing retailers who are adding little beauty sections to their stores these days.
This cute mini polish (5ml) has a gold cap, and looks very nice. The polish itself is very nice… 2 coats covered perfectly, and the formula was very easy to work with. The name of this polish is ‘Coral’, but to me… it’s pink, unquestionably.
The polish also dries pretty shiny… I only used topcoat on 2 out of 4 nails shown. Can you tell which ones?
If you can’t tell, I’m not telling! What other stores have you been in and unexpectedly found nail polish?
Oh my goodness!! It’s the last day of February!! I can’t believe this year is zooming by so fast.
I have so many empties this month…. and would have had more if February was a longer month! I have so many products with only 1 or 2 more uses left. Bear in mind that nearly none of these items were actually started in February, they just ran out in February.
So, without further ado, let’s see what I emptied this month!
- Soap & Glory Hand Food - I love this and have been carrying it in my purse for quite some time. It has a light but lovely scent, absorbs quickly and leaves my hands soft! I will definitely look to purchase this again… after I deplete some of the ridiculous amount of lotion I have.
- H2O Spa Sea Salt body wash - This was a really lovely, fresh-smelling body wash! I have no idea where you get these products (I got this in my BB5 subscription), but I would consider purchasing again if I ever stumbled upon it.
- Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in Tropical Mango - Another BB5 product, I actually received this many months ago and was keeping it in my desk at work. Once I cleaned out my desk for the summer it was packed away with other items! Oops! I love the scent of this, but it is a little greasy to use as a hand lotion. It takes a while to absorb, so I would repurchase but I would use it as a body butter out of the shower instead.
- Dot and Lil body butter in Lilac & Shea - I am in LOVE with this product. It smells like fresh cut lilacs. Not fake, perfume-y lilacs…but honest-to-goodness lilacs. The kind that grew in my parents yard when I was growing up. Oh, it’s also very moisturizing, and a small Canadian business too… So it’s all-around awesome. It’s thick though, so I used this out of the shower, before bed. I checked, and the Lilac scent is not on their site right now, but I’m hoping it comes back for summer!! Please?!
- Balaned Guru body balm - Yet another BB5 product. This was nice, and melted right into my skin… but did take quite some time to absorb as well. It smelled really fresh and lovely! Would consider purchasing again if the price was right!
- Bath & Body Works foaming hand soap in Warm Vanilla Sugar - If you have seen any of my previous empties posts, you’ll know this is a staple around here. I love this soap… and anything vanilla scented is fine by me!
- Secret Scent Expressions in Cocoa Butter Kiss - I like this antiperspirant. The scent was not overwhelming, but pleasant. I do prefer the clear ones though, but I have a small stockpile to go through first!
- Bath & Body Works pocketbacs antibacterial gel - I teach Kindergarten. Need you ask more? I go through these like crazy! I grab them when they are on sale and stock up! Love these pumpkin-scented ones!
- Delon polish remover - Yup… it’s from the Dollar Store. No shame in the game! It works just as well as the stuff from the drugstore, and I go through it like mad, so why not save a few bucks?!
- Aveeno Ultra-Calming makeup removing wipes - These were okay. They did the job, but they are kind of expensive and sometimes not as ‘wet’ as I’d like them to be! I don’t want to tug at my face when removing my makeup!!
- Body Shop body scrub in Mango (I think?) - The label fell off this long ago, so I’m guess it was Mango. It works well, but I was so ready for this to be done so I could try something new! Also – it makes the bottom of your tub really slippery! Beware!
- L’Oreal mystery brand shampoo and conditioner - I liked these and look forward to using my full-sized ones! You can read more about them here. Remember I received them from Influenster for testing :)
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray primer - This was okay… will it replace my beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion? I doubt it! I’m not a huge fan of doe-foot applicators for eye primer, and ever since UD switched their package it’s hard for another brand to sway me!
- Lola by Marc Jacobs - I actually have a mini bottle of this. It’s not my favourite scent, but it’s light and fresh and I use it often enough. Marc Jacobs describes it as “Sexy with a fun flirtatious wink, Lola is playfully alluring and irresistibly tempting. A warm floral bouquet with a signature note of luscious fuchsia peony.”
- Softlips in Vanilla - I finished a lip balm!? I don’t think I’ve ever done this before!!! Usually they disappear into the void before I can actually finish them. While this was nice, I won’t repurchase because I find it too thin for my lips… as in, the applicator is too thin and it’s just annoying to use.
- Bliss Kiss nail oil - I cannot say enough about this product. It has completely changed my nails…. Do yourself a favour and get it!!! It makes my nails strong, and lets them grow long. Plus, it cares for my cuticles and keeps them in top shape. Plus, it comes in yummy scents! And, it’s made by a woman out of her own house – love supporting the small businesses!
Holy smokes!! What a lot of empties this month… phew! I want to say March won’t have as many, but there are so many things I have that are almost empty, so I’m guessing it’ll be another big month!
Holy Moly! February is just flying by, isn’t it? I’m already getting set to post my February empties… didn’t I just post my January empties?!
I decided to do another polish today, and leave the empties for a day or two… 2014 can’t possibly be going this fast, so I’m doing my best to delay it.
Essie’s Dive Bar is a seriously pretty polish. It’s a darkened teal, with a beautiful teal shimmer that almost glows in the sun! So pretty. In the bottle, I can see a slight purple duochrome to it, but it’s not noticeable at all on the nail. No matter though, it’s still gorgeous.
I used 2 coats and topcoat for this coverage! The formula is great, too.
I’m so glad I grabbed this one. What do you think?
Today’s Saturday Savings post is from Sally Hansen’s Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear line. These polishes are available in any drugstore, and I picked mine up for under $3 at Target.
The formula on these polishes has always been great for me. 2 coats provides full coverage, and no issues at all. I also used my regular topcoat (Essie Good to Go). Posh Plum is a shimmery pinky-plum colour. I think it’s really beautiful, but definitely leans on the pinker side of plum.
Indoors, it looks more plum than pink… but in the direct sunlight you can see how pink it looks!
How it looks indoors. Do you have any Xtreme Wear polishes? Which one is your favourite?
Did you know Enchanted polish is continuing the monthly polishes for 2014? This year is kind of fun, because each month is a mystery colour that you only find out once you receive it! The best part is that so far (for January and February), she is doing pre-orders for the monthly polishes – no more restock craziness!
Anyway, I digress slightly, since this is December 2013. This wasn’t a mystery colour but it was pre-order!
December 2013 is a coffee-coloured nude holo with a red flash! The formula and coverage is great, as always. This is two coats with topcoat. My middle finger nail is slowly growing back after I broke it two weeks ago, but you can still see the missing corner!
Lots of pictures to show the different sides of December 2013! Enjoy!
The next pre-order is on Sunday Check enchantedpolish.com for the details!